Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Journey to Weight Reduction

"Hah! Hah! You fatty you! An elephant is what you are!" screamed many students from my class and other classes alike. I was fat, obese, overweight, a load-roller, you know whatever makes you happy.

But one day, I just cracked! I couldn't stand all the dissing and teasing any more. I put my fist through a wall....but I missed and hit the door, BUT IT SLAMMED REAL HARD!! I didn't do anything about it though, you know, all the teasing and all, I didn't take any action to prevent it from happening in the future.

On one fateful day though, I put on my track pants, my bro's sports shoes and went in search of a GYM near my house, which luckily I did find.

The first 3.... okay, okay.....10 days was easy-going and smooth with all the easy exercises. But after the 10th day came on the heat!! I was made to run up and down a stairwell which had about 22 steps!! It was hard work, but I was determined to lose all the extra fat in me...

Finally after a long month I reached 82 from 88 kilograms!! I was happy with the result which made me even more determined!! I ran a lot and I did more time in the gym and it hurt a lot! But it had to be done...

Another month had passed and I reached (with a hell lotta hard work, and pain) 75 kilograms... again I was really happy... friends praising me, family praising me and all!

One day I just, you know, thought that it was enough......"maybe 75 is supposed to be THE weight!!!" I though..... so I went down to the store and bought a packet of Cheese balls and a bottle of Fanta and sat down to enjoy some time with them, while watching The Pursuit of Happyness....

The next day all sleepy in the morning.... I stood on the weighing machine and Oh.....My.....GOD I had increased 5kgs after the previous day with the chips and the fanta.......

So now it called for more intense workouts and more steppin'....... Now!!! Finally!!! I am 66 and I look great..........but now the bad thing is that my folks think I'm too obsessed with this Weight Reduction thing......

But I'm gonna keep goin'....till I know that I should stop......until then......it's never ENOUGH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment