Sunday, September 6, 2009

Why God?! Why did FRIENDS have to end?!

This sitcom made all the change in my life. When I was sad, this show would cheer me up that i forget all about what I was sad about. FRIENDS really made a turnover in my boring, predictable life. Suggested by my Dad of course, this show wasn't quite to my liking when I first heard of it. Later I sat one day to watch a complete episode, and an hour later, i found myself sitting there with a bag of chips on one hand and a can of Mountain Dew on the other.

I could never forget the unpredictable ways in which this show brought out its humor. Even in the saddest of moments, there is always one tiny little limerick that sets everyone laughing out loud.

This show did its huge part in making me laugh, me being a person who didn't watch sitcoms (then). The show... was so captivative, spellbinding and extremely hilarious. I could've never thought of a better sitcom to watch everyday than FRIENDS.

Following the story and the six friends' wacky lives and blunders, and how they faced their fears and overcame them, really inspired me to behave the same way, you know, about how I deal with the problems I have in my life and all that.

But soon, I reached out to the DVD box of the tenth season, and shocked to see that I had just seen the last DVD. It was over... no more FRIENDS. Shaken, I tried to find something that could replace this wonderful show. But alas, nothing could compare... nothing could come even a wee bit close.

Will there be a show like this...? Ever? I wish there would be, with the same cast, each who were Perfect with a capital 'P' for their roles... I'm still here, waiting...

2 comments:

  1. I totally share your opinion... I have seen all the seasons three times at least and I don't never get bored! I always cry with the last episode ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Friends! It was definitely a show that could make you forget all about yourself and get immerse in the radiant characters portrayed. I( think my favorite episode is Season 10's the One with all the others, it captures amazing moments in a wonderful everlasting show. I miss it! :(

    ReplyDelete