Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Up 'A film you can really look-UP to'

Finally! Up has hit the theater in my hometown at last, after all the waiting and checking out the schedules to see if it was in fact, showing. It's all paid off... and now to the review:

Stunning, awesome! Really, the movie was thousands of times better than I expected, Disney Pixar (more PIXAR to be honest) has really got the power to scrape your mind from all those little things that bother you everyday.

The story (in short) is about how a guy (Carl Fredricksen) tries to fulfill his wife's (and his) dream to set up a house in this exotic place, Paradise Falls - a small peak in South America, and all the trouble he goes through to get this to happen.

I for one, was glued to the seat and didn't want to get up at all. The high-views really made my feet tremble. The effects were stunning and of course very real. Another fact that made this visit to the theater 'funny' was that my younger brother was there with us (usually we just leave him at grammy's).

And there was also a time when he broke his 3-D glasses, there was a tussle to fix that. Pretty intense a ship with my kid brother there, but I've gotta admit, it was pretty funny. There were also moments when he would just stand on his seat and yell 'GOOGLY' at the screen. The audience burst out laughing for that.

All in all, I recommend UP to each and every person who reads this, which is probably the best animated feature I have ever seen. PIXAR has redefined entertainment and visual effects in this movie and it was worth all the money I paid for.

However I feel rather sad that, I wasted my money on this movie called Kanthaswamy which was long, boring and pointless.

I really didn't want to cost my Dad all that money I did for UP and the latter (which was definitely not worth the cost. It sucked!).

Anyway, as long as Pixar is alive and continues to make these 'different' movies with a splendid crew like the one they have now, I think no other animation company can compete.

No comments:

Post a Comment